Finding your ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A internship may seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be! Start early and don't get discouraged – realize it may take more than a year to find an internship that's a good fit for you. These tips, tools and resources can help in your search.
- Review a list of previous 499A internships for potential employer leads. See tabs at bottom of spreadsheet to view by semester.
- Find internship opportunities on the Greenlee Internships group on LinkedIn.
- Make an appointment with the Greenlee internship coordinator, Juli Probasco-Sowers by calling 515-294-4342 or stopping by 101 Hamilton Hall.
Explore the helpful tips, resources and information offered by the LAS Career Services staff who can also partner with you to:
- Create a personalized career plan
- Write a resume or CV
- Compose a cover letter
- Search for a job or internship
- Prepare for an interview
- Answer additional career-related questions
Internship and Career Fairs
- The Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair is hosted by the Greenlee School in the fall and spring to connect students with employers looking for interns in communications and advertising fields.
- The People to People Career Fair and Business, Industry, and Technology Career Fair are held on the same day in September and February. They are co-hosted by LAS Career Services.
- See a complete list of upcoming Iowa State career fairs.
Employers recruiting Iowa State University students for interns and full-time employees post positions on CyHire. You can search positions by college or major, upload your resume, view career fair information and more. Get started.
Tips, Tricks and Tools
Get the inside scoop on how other Greenlee majors have put their skills into practice.