Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair
The Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair helps students majoring in advertising, journalism and mass communication, public relations and related fields to build their personal network of local and regional employers and learn about internship and job opportunities.
Hosted by the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication in collaboration with LAS Career Services, this boutique-style fair takes place each fall and spring and connects relevant employers with students who are preparing for careers in advertising, journalism, public relations and related fields.
For more information about recruiting on campus, visit the ISU Career Services website.
If you have questions about the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair, please contact Juli Probasco-Sowers, Greenlee’s internship coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where and When
- Fall 2021: Wednesday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., virtual fair (no appointments required). Employer registration will be available soon.
- Spring 2022: TBD
Employer Info and Registration
To register as a participating employer, please follow these steps:
New employer attendees
- Register for a new account through Iowa State’s CyHire system.
- Once account registration is approved, which may take up to an hour, you will receive a confirmation email. (If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services at 515-294-8691.)
- After you receive your confirmation email, log in to CyHire again to register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Attend Events’ tab on your CyHire homepage after employer registration opens.
- Remember your account username and password. You can use the same profile to register for future job fairs at Iowa State University.
Returning employer attendees:
After registration opens, simply login to CyHire and register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Career Fair’ section on your CyHire homepage.
More information on the virtual format will be available soon.
Questions? Call Juli Probasco-Sowers, Greenlee’s internship coordinator, at (515) 294-9957 or email email@example.com.
Jump-Start Workshops for Students
The Jump-Start program also includes workshops prior to each semester’s fair to help students prepare. Previous workshops have covered:
- Resumes and cover letters
- Building your portfolio
- Internship etiquette
- How to interact with employers
Employers: If you’re interested in being a guest speaker or panelist at an upcoming student workshop about any of the above topics, please contact Juli Probasco-Sowers.