The fall 2021 Jump-Start Internship and Networking Fair will take place in a virtual format on Sept. 29, 2021, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Hosted by Iowa State University’s Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services, the Jump-Start Fair offers Iowa State University students and employers the chance to discuss career options, as well as internships and full-time career opportunities in public relations, advertising, and journalism.
Employer registration is Sept. 27 at 5 p.m. There is no fee to participate. See employer registration instructions below.
The fair is open to all Iowa State University students. No appointments are required to meet with employers. Follow the instructions below to learn how to speak with employers through video chat.
Employers: How to register and virtual format details
To register as a participating employer, please follow these steps:
New employer attendees
- Register for a new account through Iowa State’s CyHire system.
- Once account registration is approved, which may take up to an hour, you will receive a confirmation email. (If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services at 515-294-8691.)
- After you receive your confirmation email, log in to CyHire again to register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Attend Events’ tab on your CyHire homepage.
- Remember your account username and password. You can use the same profile to register for future job fairs at Iowa State University.
Returning employer attendees:
Simply login to CyHire and register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Career Fair’ section on your CyHire homepage.
- Organizations will be able to select the time frames they are available to participate in the virtual fair on the registration form.
- Employers will provide their own virtual meeting link to conduct one-on-one video calls with students.
- Before and during the fair, organizations will have easy access to the resumes of the candidates that expressed interest in their position(s).
If you have questions about the Jump-Start Fair, please contact Juli Probasco-Sowers, Greenlee’s internship coordinator, at email@example.com or 515-294-9957.
Students: How to meet with employers
No appointment is required to meet with employers. Follow these steps to drop-in and speak with a representative, or watch this video:
- Log into your CyHire account. Use your netID and password to log in.
- On the ‘Home’ page of CyHire, you will see ‘Events.’ Scroll until you find the Jump-Start Internship and Networking fair.
- Click ‘Attend’ to share your resume with employers.
- On the event page, go to ‘Employers’ to see a complete list of employers and information about them.
- When you find an employer you’d like to speak with, click ‘Join Queue’ to video chat with a representative. You can join multiple queues as you wait for representatives to become available.
- See your wait time in the ‘Upcoming Video Chats’ sidebar on the righthand side. This is where you’ll see what queues you’re waiting in and when a representative is ready.
- Once a representative is ready, click the blue speech bubbles in the ‘Upcoming Video Chats’ to be redirected to a page with video chat instructions.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to speak to an employer, please still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the employer name in the subject line so we can send your resume on to the employer.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call LAS Career Services at 515-294-8691.