Internships are an important part of the Greenlee School’s curriculum and we are looking for original content to highlight the awesome work you are producing in the real world.
Throughout the summer, Greenlee will feature blog posts written by you about your experiences on the job, whether you’re reporting for a local newspaper, managing social media accounts or developing creative for a new ad campaign.
Each month we will select two of the best posts, judging by quality and creativity, to win $15 Amazon gift cards!
- Must be a Greenlee major to enter.
- Must be currently completing a summer internship related to advertising, journalism and mass communication or public relations.
- Submitting content for the contest gives Greenlee the right to edit and use materials publicly.
- Posts must be 500 words or less and include a title.
- Each post must include your name, company, position title
- Must include a visual component (photo or short video) for each post, related to your blogging topic. We don’t want a photo of a building, or your company’s logo, we want to see the things you’re blogging about! Photos of you on the job are strongly encouraged!
Some examples of blog topics include:
- Overview of day-to-day life in your internship
- Special projects you’re working on
- New things that you’ve learned on the job
- What you wish you had known going into your internship
Submission Information: There will be five contests throughout the summer, which students can submit posts to enter. Posts will be judged for each two-week period specified below.
- June 6
- June 20
- July 11
- July 25
- August 8
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on the specified Mondays; winners will be announced the following Wednesdays.
All publishable posts will be used for content on various Greenlee media outlets. The most interesting and creative posts from each contest will be featured on Greenlee’s website and the blogger will receive a $15 digital Amazon gift card via email.
After the summer term, Greenlee School representatives will select their favorite blog posts from the summer, based on quality and creativity of content and visuals. The top three winners will receive prizes, first place will win an 8GB iPod!
If you have questions about this contest, please contact Matt Wettengel.