The spring 2021 Jump-Start Internship and Networking Fair will take place in a virtual format on March 10 and 11, 2021, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Hosted by Iowa State University’s Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services, the Jump-Start Fair offers Iowa State University students and employers the chance to discuss career options, as well as internships and full-time career opportunities in public relations, advertising, and journalism.
This semester we’re pleased to expand the number of employer registration openings and pre-scheduled virtual appointments available.
Employer registration begins Jan. 27 and concludes Feb. 26 at 5 p.m. There is no fee to participate. See employer registration instructions below.
Beginning March 1, students may sign up for one-on-one 10-minute virtual appointments with the employers of their choice. Student registration concludes March 5 or when the employers’ schedules are full. The fair is open to all Iowa State University students. See student registration instructions below.
Employers: How to register and virtual format details
To register as a participating employer, please follow these steps:
New employer attendees
- Register for a new account through Iowa State’s CyHire system.
- Once account registration is approved, which may take up to an hour, you will receive a confirmation email. (If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services at 515-294-8691.)
- After you receive your confirmation email, log in to CyHire again to register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Attend Events’ tab on your CyHire homepage.
- Remember your account username and password. You can use the same profile to register for future job fairs at Iowa State University.
Returning employer attendees:
Simply login to CyHire and register for the Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair under the ‘Career Fair’ section on your CyHire homepage.
- Organizations will be able to select the time frames they are available to participate in the virtual fair on the registration form.
- Virtual interview schedules will be created for registered employers. Students will then have the opportunity to sign up for a pre-scheduled time to talk to employers.
- Employers will provide their own virtual meeting link to conduct one-on-one video calls with scheduled students.
- Before and during the fair, organizations will have easy access to the resumes of the candidates that expressed interest in their position(s).
If you have questions about the Jump-Start Fair, please contact Juli Probasco-Sowers, Greenlee’s internship coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-9957.
Students: How to sign up for appointments
Find a complete list of Jump-Start Internship and Networking Fair participating employers in CyHire beginning March 1. To set up a time to talk to a participating employer during the registration window (March 1 through March 5), follow these simple steps:
- Log into your CyHire account. Use your netID and password to log in.
- On the ‘Home’ page of CyHire, you will scroll down until you see ‘Shortcuts’ on the right side of the page.
- Under ‘Shortcuts’ select ‘Interviews I Qualify For.’
- Within ‘Interviews I Qualify For’ you will find schedules from the employers attending the Jump-Start Internship and Networking Fair. Select the schedule for the employer(s) that you wish to set up a one-on-one discussion with.
- Within the schedule from the selected employer of choice hit ‘Apply’ in the top right corner.
- Add your resume within the ‘Apply’ section of the schedule. *Please note you will need to make sure your most recent resume is uploaded in CyHire so you can add it during this step. If you do not have a resume uploaded in CyHire, it will not allow you to sign up for a chance to chat with the employer.*
- Select the ‘Interview Time’ that fits best in your schedule and hit ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page.
- You have successfully set up your time to chat with an employer. You will get a confirmation email with details and reminders of your chat time prior to the scheduled event.
- PLEASE NOTE: If all spots are filled by the time you go to set up your chat time with the employer, please still submit your resume through schedule posted and send your resume to email@example.com with the employer name in the subject line so we can send your resume on to the employer. You will be placed on a wait list if all spots are filled and we will be in touch if a slot opens.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call LAS Career Services at 515-294-8691.