Take a selfie. Win a prize!
Let’s show off your summer internship. In your office, at the studio, in front of the building—anything tasteful and appropriate for use by the Greenlee Social Media team is welcome. First place receives a $50 Amazon gift card, and two lucky second place winners each receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Rules and regulations apply.
Enter the Greenlee Internship Photo Challenge for the chance to win prizes!
Open to all undergraduate majors at GSJC participating in 499A internships during the 2023 summer.
May – August 2023
About the contest
The Summer 2023 contest is open to all undergraduate majors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication currently enrolled in 499A.
Participants may use their phones or any other device that takes digital pictures.
Judges will review each participant’s digital submissions, considering the quality of the photographs’ subject matter, impact, creativity, composition, technical quality and storytelling.
- Subject matter – The following would be great to get in the frame: student working in action, e.g., working at their desk, interviewing a subject, photographing something, basically journalism in action. Broadcasting. Writing. Making a phone call. Sending an email.
- Creativity – How original and imaginative the contestant was to convey their internship experience.
- Composition – Ability to bring all the visual elements together to express the purpose of the images in a consistent manner. The image draws the viewer in and prompts the viewer to look where the creator intended.
- Technical quality – The use of color and lighting in the images is thoughtful and enhances quality. The images are clear and in focus.
- Storytelling – The ability of the essay to evoke imagination in what is happening in the photographs. Does the story being told reflect the theme of the contest?
*About the prize
The Greenlee Internship Selfie Challenge is supported by the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication. The winning recipient will receive one $50 Amazon gift card. Second place winner(s) will each receive one $25 Amazon gift card.
- Entries must be the sole and original work of the entrant taken during the contest period beginning at 12 p.m. on May 30 and ending at 12 p.m. on Aug. 15, 2023.
- Photo and caption entries must be digitally submitted to the judges by the deadline of 12 p.m. CST on Aug. 15, 2023. Students may submit up to 5 individual photos. Submit entry to email@example.com.
- Student has received permission to take photos on company premises that will be posted on social media platforms.
- Each photo entry should contain the following information: name of contestant, location of the photographs, internship name and business, and duration of internship.
- Each photograph should include a caption that clearly identifies the people and location that appear in the photo; includes the date and day the photo was taken; provides some context or background to the reader.
- By Monday, Aug. 21, 2023, the judges will select 3 contest finalists using the criteria listed above.
- By submitting an Entry in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release ISU, Contributor and all of their officers, employees and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, losses, costs or liability (collectively “Loss”) arising out of the Entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance and use of a prize. This waiver and release is a condition of entry into the contest. In addition, by submitting an Entry in this Contest, each Entrant agrees be responsible for Entrant’s entry, including the violation of any third party trademark, copyright, right of privacy, or any other intellectual property right.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, participating in the Contest in any manner, and/or accepting prize, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless ISU from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising out of participation in this Contest, and the winners agree to release and hold harmless ISU from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising out of such winner’s use or misuse of the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ISU, and those authorized by ISU, to use winning Entrant’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and ISU’s decisions – which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted become the sole property of ISU and will not be returned. ISU is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. ISU reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part.
- Entrants must submit their entry (up to 5 picture entries/attachments) by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.