Here you will find the 5 Ws and H to select a college and a degree:
- Where you’ll spend your next four years—at Iowa State University, a world-class institution of higher learning and home to Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize winning professors.
- Whom you’ll be working with—some of the most accomplished journalists, practitioners and researchers. One of faculty members has won a Pulitzer Prize, the most prestigious award in journalism.
- What you’ll be studying—news, new media, social media, broadcast journalism, magazine journalism, science journalism, photojournalism, advertising, public relations, risk communication.
- When you can expect to start your career—we place over 95% of our graduates in jobs, graduate school or military within six months of commencement.
- How long it will take to graduate—50% of our students graduate in four years. More than 70% graduate in 5 years.
Why we publish transparency data
We do everything possible to graduate you without student debt, including giving out more than $150,000 in scholarships each year, with as much as $50,000+ going to incoming freshmen.