Here you will find the 5 Ws and H to select a college and a degree:
- Where you’ll spend your next four years—at Iowa State University, a world-class institution of higher learning and home to Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize winning professors.
- Whom you’ll be working with—some of the most accomplished journalists, practitioners and researchers. One of our faculty members has won a Pulitzer Prize, the most prestigious award in journalism.
- What you’ll be studying—news, new media, social media, broadcast journalism, magazine journalism, science journalism, photojournalism, advertising, public relations, risk communication.
- When you can expect to start your career—our high placement rates ensure graduates find opportunities after they leave Iowa State
- Why you’ll want to study here—our hands-on classes, active student media and professional clubs and helpful internship resources provide you with the tools to make the most of your adventure at Iowa State
- How long it will take to graduate—60% of our students graduate in four years. More than 70% graduate in 5 years.
Why we publish transparency data
We do everything possible to graduate you without student debt, including giving out more than $100,000 in scholarships each year
Updated September 25, 2017. This data is updated on an annual basis.