Greenlee School Scholarships
The Greenlee School awards over $150,000 in scholarships to students annually. Open enrollment announcements are sent to current students via email. Announcements for incoming, current and transfer students will be on the school’s website. Students are strongly encouraged to watch for emails with any mention of scholarships in the subject line.
2018-19 Greenlee School scholarships and criteria:
For current undergraduate students and transfer students:
- Application will be available Dec. 5, 2017
- Application deadline: Feb. 5, 2018
For incoming first-year students:
- The Greenlee School Scholarship application for students enrolling at ISU as first-year students for the 2018-2019 academic year has now closed.
- 499A scholarships for current students:
- Learn more about internship scholarships
- Check back in March 2018 for more information.
- Application deadline: TBA
Students must be enrolled full-time with a primary major in advertising, journalism and mass communication or public relations at the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication for the semester in which the scholarship is issued. Students are considered full-time during the semester for which they are enrolled in ADVRT, JL MC or P R 499A: Professional Media Internship.
The Hugh S. Sidey Scholarship in Print Journalism
The Hugh S. Sidey Scholarship in Print Journalism supports aspiring print journalists at the Greenlee School and is made possible by the White House Historical Association and Mr. David M. Rubenstein.
Scripps Howard Foundation Internship Grant
The Scripps Howard Foundation Internship Grant supports Greenlee juniors, seniors or recent graduates who are completing a summer internship and is made possible by the Scripps Howard Foundation.
ISU Scholarships for Incoming and Current Students
- The Office of the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs offers more than a dozen undergraduate scholarships annually. Deadlines vary.
- Apply for scholarships related to Greenlee majors from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Deadline for incoming first-year students has now closed. Deadline for transfer and current students: Feb. 5, 2018.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid offers several scholarships and has lists of college/department and privately funded scholarships. Deadlines vary.
External Scholarship Opportunities
The Greenlee School maintains a list of external scholarship opportunities that may be of interest to our majors. If you'd like to submit a scholarship for inclusion on the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.