Celebrate your First Amendment freedoms — religion, speech, press, assembly and petition — during First Amendment Days, which will take place April 8-12, 2019, on the Iowa State University campus./p>
Now in its 17th year, First Amendment Days is the longest-running continual First Amendment celebration at any university in the U.S. The celebration is organized by the First Amendment Committee, which is made up of members of the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication, the Iowa State Daily Media Group and the Leo Mores Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
First Amendment Days 2019 features five days of programming for the Iowa State community and beyond.
- Monday: Common Ground: a discussion about belief
- Tuesday: Keynote lecture given by Simon Tam, founder and bassist of The Slants
- Wednesday: Depth and Dialogue sessions and public lectures
- Thursday: Democalypse March, Feast on the First, live street art demo by iamsloth
- Friday: First Amendment Workshop
Want more information?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.