Internships are an integral part of your education. They allow you to refine and expand the knowledge and skills you gain in and out of the classroom. There are two categories of internships for Greenlee majors.

Required Internship

As a Greenlee major, you are required to complete a 300-hour professional internship as your capstone course through ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A.

 View and download the ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A syllabus

While you are responsible for securing your own internship at the professional outlet of your choice, the Greenlee School is committed to your success and provides many resources to help you land your dream experience.

Optional Additional Internship

If your schedule allows, you may complete additional internships beyond the 499A required internship to gain professional experience as a student. If you desire to earn academic credit for additional internships, there are a couple options you may explore with your faculty mentor:

  • ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499B is an optional course that allows a Greenlee major to earn 1 to 3 credits based on the number of hours worked at an internship in the student’s specialization. Contact your faculty mentor to find out if your internship qualifies. (Note: This course is not a replacement for 499A and is not tracked through Canvas).
  • Contact LAS Career Services to explore other options for obtaining academic credit for the internship. Note: You cannot use your ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A or 499B internship to obtain academic credit from any other department at Iowa State University.

To make an appointment with the Greenlee internship coordinator, Juli Probasco-Sowers, please email, call 515-294-4342 or stop by 101 Hamilton Hall.

Quick Links