Finding your ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A internship may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Start early and don’t get discouraged – realize it may take more than a year to find an internship that’s a good fit for you. These tips, tools and resources can help in your search.
Employers recruiting Iowa State University students for internships and jobs post positions on CyHire. You can search for positions by college or major, upload your resume, view career fair information and more. You can even automate your CyHire search to have relevant new opportunities emailed to you weekly. Get started.
- Search the Greenlee School’s Jump-Start Internship Database, which lists 499A internships completed successfully in recent years by Greenlee majors.
- Learn about new internship opportunities on the Greenlee Internships group on LinkedIn and in the jobs/internships newsletter sent weekly to Greenlee majors when we learn of opportunities to share.
- Need a sounding board? Make an appointment with your faculty mentor through EAB or the Greenlee internship coordinator, Juli Probasco-Sowers, by calling 515-294-4342 or emailing email@example.com.
LAS Career Services
Explore the helpful tips, resources and information offered by the LAS Career Services staff who can also partner with you to:
- Create a personalized career plan
- Write a resume or CV
- Compose a cover letter
- Search for a job or internship
- Prepare for an interview
- Evaluate or negotiate a job offer
- Check out a padfolio
- Reserve a room for your phone or virtual interview
- Answer additional career-related questions
If you are a current student, you can set up an appointment with LAS Career Services staff through CyHire.
Internship and Career Fairs
- The People to People Career Fair and Business, Industry, and Technology Career Fair are held in September and February. They are co-hosted by LAS Career Services.
- See a complete list of upcoming Iowa State career fairs.
Tips, Tricks, Tools
- Guidelines for Resumes, Cover Letters and References
- Interview Tips
- Networking Advice
- LAS 203: Professional Career Preparation course
- LAS Connect is an exclusive networking platform for LAS students and alumni. LAS Connect provides networking and mentoring opportunities by alumni who want to help YOU grow and succeed. Whether you are hoping to find a mentor or have a quick question, LAS alumni are ready to help! You can sign up in less than two minutes by registering with your LinkedIn or Facebook profile.
Get the inside scoop on how other Greenlee majors have put their skills into practice.