Finding your ADVRT/JL MC/ P R 499A internship may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Start early and don’t get discouraged – realize it may take more than a year to find an internship that’s a good fit for you. These tips, tools and resources can help in your search.
- Review a list of previous 499A internships for potential employer leads. See tabs at bottom of spreadsheet to view by semester.
- Find internship opportunities on the Greenlee Internships group on LinkedIn and in the jobs/internships newsletter usually sent weekly to Greenlee majors.
- Need a sounding board? Make an appointment with your faculty adviser through EAB or the Greenlee internship coordinator, Juli Probasco-Sowers, by calling 515-294-4342 or stopping by 101 Hamilton Hall.
LAS Career Services
Explore the helpful tips, resources and information offered by the LAS Career Services staff, located in 150 Carver Hall, who can also partner with you to:
- Create a personalized career plan
- Write a resume or CV
- Compose a cover letter
- Search for a job or internship
- Prepare for an interview
- Evaluate or negotiate a job offer
- Check out a padfolio
- Reserve a room for your phone or virtual interview
- Answer additional career-related questions
Internship and Career Fairs
- The Jump-Start Internship & Networking Fair is hosted by the Greenlee School in the fall and spring to connect students with employers looking for interns in communications and advertising fields.
- The People to People Career Fair and Business, Industry, and Technology Career Fair are held on the same day in September and February. They are co-hosted by LAS Career Services.
- See a complete list of upcoming Iowa State career fairs.
Employers recruiting Iowa State University students for internships and jobs post positions on CyHire. You can search positions by college or major, upload your resume, view career fair information and more. Get started.
Tips, Tricks and Tools
Get the inside scoop on how other Greenlee majors have put their skills into practice.