My remote content marketing internship with Thomson Reuters

Christina Motalebi set up an office space at home for her remote internship with Thomson Reuters.

Christina Motalebi, senior in public relations, completed her 499a internship with Thomson Reuters in summer 2020.

By Christina Motalebi, senior in public relations

This summer, I completed my 499A internship with Thomson Reuters as a content marketing intern. Thomson Reuters is known as one of the most trusted providers of answers, helping professionals in the law, tax, compliance, government and media industries make confident decisions and run better businesses. My 12 weeks with the company went by way too fast. During my time with Thomson Reuters, I provided support to the solution and content marketing team within the tax and accounting segment.

This internship was a bit outside my comfort zone, because it was held remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I had to adjust to the company from home and network with professionals and members of my team through Microsoft Teams meetings. Fortunately, this adjustment did not limit the opportunities I had and the projects I was able to work on during the summer. In fact, I learned to really enjoy Microsoft Teams meetings and chats!

Throughout the summer I worked on articles, case studies, data analytics, research, survey analyses, transcriptions and so much more. I have sharpened my skills in these areas, I have learned more about Thomson Reuters’ products and I have gained exposure in how marketing teams function in a large global company and how they collaborate with each other to push out campaigns. Through my internship, I have learned more about myself, my skills and what I see myself doing in my future career. I am so incredibly thankful for the time I had with Thomson Reuters, and I hope to return to the company in the future.

I am also very thankful for the scholarship I received from the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication. The scholarship allowed me to give my internship 100% of my time and attention without worrying about covering the cost of my 499 internship credits. I encourage all students at the Greenlee School who have secured an internship or are in the process of finding one to apply for any scholarships that are available to them. I almost didn’t, but I am so thankful I decided to complete the internship application. I am thankful to both Thomson Reuters and Iowa State University for supporting my career goals by investing in both my education and my future.

thomson reuters interns graphic
Thomson Reuters interns

Greenlee 499A internship scholarships support students with a primary major in advertising, journalism and mass communication or public relations who are completing their required 400-hour internships. The application is available each spring.