Your adventure starts with guidance from an academic adviser. As you progress in your field of study, you’ll transition to a faculty adviser.
You will be assigned an academic adviser based on the first letter of your last name.
Last names starting with A–I: Jessica Hansen-Moench
Last names starting with J–S: Kelsie Poe
Last names starting with T–Z: Juli Probasco-Sowers
Appointments with assigned academic advisers can be made online through ISU Appointments on AccessPlus. Learn how to schedule advising appointments. Students who need assistance should schedule in 101 Hamilton Hall or by phone at 515-294-4342.
You will be assigned a faculty adviser after passing JL MC 201, Introduction to Reporting and Writing for Mass Media, with a C+ or better. Faculty advisers use their industry expertise to academically advise Greenlee students and assist them in securing internships and jobs. After you receive a passing grade for JL MC 201, you will be contacted with the name of your faculty adviser. View the Greenlee faculty directory.
Contact your faculty adviser directly to schedule an appointment.
Advising is not a one-sided process. Students are just as much responsible for their academic advising as professional and faculty advisers. The Greenlee Advising Syllabus contains learning outcomes, resources and expectations, and it will guide you through the process of learning through advising. All students will be asked to meet the expectations outlined in the syllabus.
All Greenlee School students need a Registration Access Number (RAN) to register for classes. You have to get your RAN from your adviser. How do I register for classes?
Greenlee School Degree Planning Forms
- Registration Checklist
- Advertising Curriculum Sheet
- ADVRT 4-Year Plan (sample)
- Journalism and Mass Communication Curriculum Sheet
- JL MC 4-Year Plan (sample)
- Public Relations Curriculum Sheet
- P R 4-Year Plan (sample)
- Understanding Your Degree Audit
- Academic Calendar: University Holidays and Add/Drop Dates
- University Admissions
- Transfer Courses – TRANSIT
- Foreign Language Requirement – College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Gradepoint Calculator
- Add/Drop Slip and Restriction Waiver Form—available in 101 Hamilton Hall
- Major Change—available in 101 Hamilton Hall
- Credit Limit Restriction Waiver
- Minor Request
- Policy Petition – College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Withdrawal Slip
- Academic Calendar
- Class Schedule Planner
- Iowa State University Catalog
- Iowa State University Registration Information
- Schedule of Classes