Vote for your favorite First Amendment pet video!
The entries are in, and it’s now time to vote for your favorite pet film video! View the submissions from our 10 finalists and cast your vote by April 9 through our online poll. We’ll announce the winning video during The Pawsies awards presentation at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 15.
Is your pet the top dog, the cat’s meow, a big fish? Now’s your chance to prove it! In celebration of First Amendment Days (April 12-16, 2021), the First Amendment Committee is hosting a First Amendment Pet Film Competition. To participate, recruit your pet to help you demonstrate one of the five freedoms protected by the First Amendment – speech, press, petition, assembly and religion — in a video that’s 60 seconds or less. See complete criteria below.
First Amendment Days is hosted by First Amendment Committee, which is made of faculty and staff of the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication and the Iowa State Daily, along wiith Iowa State student volunteers.
- You must be a current Iowa State University student to enter.
- Each student may submit only one video.
- Videos should focus on one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment: Speech, Press, Petition, Assembly or Religion.
- We are using the broadest definition of pets possible. Use your imagination.
- Videos cannot exceed the maximum of 60 seconds.
- Submitting content for the competition gives the Greenlee School the right to edit and use the materials publicly.
- The deadline for video submission is 11:59 p.m., Friday, March 26.
- Submissions must use the official Qualtrics entry form.
- The Greenlee School First Amendment Committee will select and post the top entries into an online poll. Winners will then be determined by the results of this online polling.
Entries due: March 26 at 11:59 p.m.
Online polling: April 2-9
The winner will be announced during First Amendment Days on April 15. Winners will receive an awesome prize!