Your adventure starts with guidance from an academic adviser before transitioning to faculty advisers as you progress in your field of study.

Academic Advising:

You will be assigned an academic adviser based on the first letter of your last name.

Last names starting with A–I: Jessica Hansen-Moench

Last names starting with J–S: Kelsie Poe

Last names starting with T–Z: Juli Probasco-Sowers

Appointments with assigned academic advisers can be made online through ISU Appointments on AccessPlus. Information on how to schedule those appointments is available at Students who need assistance should schedule in 101 Hamilton Hall or by phone at 515-294-4342.

Faculty Advising:

You will be assigned a faculty adviser after passing JL MC 201, Introduction to Reporting and Writing for Mass Media, with a C+ or better. Faculty advisers use their industry expertise to advise students individually throughout their time as Greenlee students and assist them in securing internships and jobs. Once you receive a passing grade for JL MC 201 you should be contacted about being assigned a faculty adviser. View a full list of Greenlee faculty members.

Contact your faculty adviser to schedule an appointment.

Course Registration:

All Greenlee School students need a Registration Access Number (RAN) to register for classes. You have to get your RAN from your adviser. How do I register for classes?

Greenlee School Degree Planning Forms:

Additional Resources:

Internship Resources:

Academic Resources:

Advising Forms:

Registration Links:

Approved Course Lists: