Student organizations and students from each of Greenlee’s three majors — advertising, journalism and mass communication, and public relations — earned distinctions as some of the best, locally and nationally, in the last year.
The Iowa State Daily earned the Society of Professional Journalists’ distinction as the Best All-Around Student Newspaper in the nation, as well seven awards from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s Collegiate Gold Circle Awards. Advertising students made it to the semi-finals of the national Effie brand challenges and won top awards from the Des Moines chapter of the American Advertising Federation.
Greenlee School alumni also drew attention for their outstanding work, including making Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising and winning an Emmy for Best News Anchor.
Click the headlines below to read more about student and alumni accomplishments.
- Iowa State Daily named Best All-Around Student Newspaper in the nation.
- Advertising students named semi-finalists in national Effie brand challenges.
- Ad students’ work earns top awards from Des Moines chapter of American Advertising Federation.
- Senior Lissandra Villa wins Women Impacting ISU award.
- Sophomore Alex Hanson selected as 2016 Hugh Sidey Scholar.
- Greenlee assigns record number of students to Meredith Apprenticeships.
- Alumnus Tyler Stafford, ’11, selected for Forbes’ 30 Under 30 in Marketing and Advertising.
- Alumni Tyler Kingkade, ’11, and Adam Hoebelheinrich, ’09, Honored for Early Professional Accomplishments.
- Students started two new campus publications — Happy Strong Healthy and Veritas magazines.
- Jazmin Murguia selected as 2016 MLK, Jr. Advancing One Community Award.
- Alumnus Dan Winters, ’03, wins Emmy for Best News Anchor.